Perseverance Behaviour among B. Ed. Students in Theni District
R. Azhagu Ganesan
Ph.D. Scholar, Centre for Educational Research, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Dr. R. Annadurai
Assistant Professor & Director i/c, Centre for Educational Research, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
The importance of perseverance has got signified many fold in the contemporary competition-ridden society in general and among the secondary school pupils particular. In view of the academic load and cut-throat competition among the schooling system the concept perseverance gain a lot of importance. The nature of the same is determined as till date nobody has attempted to study their phenomenon. The need for this type of study will be useful for the pupils and the teachers, parents and the public to make this education system function effectively. Perseverance behaviour among B.Ed. student is found to be above the average level. It should be improved further in order to maximize the perseverance attitudes of the students. So that, their achievement in learning as well as in their various activities of life will be effective. Female students have more perseverance behaviour than male; it is a well come aspect that in most of the cases the girls excel boys while their level should be maintained on a par with male pupils so that balance perseverance among sex is desirable in the society. In this study an attempt has been made to construct and standardize a scientifically useful instrument to measure the perseverance of the B.Ed. students. This will be highly useful for the policy makers in their activities, especially in framing the syllabus, transacting the curriculum, conducting examinations etc. This will be also useful for parents, public, teachers and learners in their daily as well as academic activities.
- Aggarwal, Y.P. (1986). Statistical Methods: Concepts, Application and Computation. New Delhi: Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
- Arthur, T. Jersid (1957). The Psychology of Adolescence. New York: The Macmillan Co.
- Best, John W. and Kahn, James V. (1989). Research in Education (6th) New Delhi: Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Bhattacharya, S. (1972). Psychometrics and Behavioural Research. New Delhi: Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
- Boring, E.B. and Longfield, H.S. (1973). Foundation of Psychology. New Delhi: Asia Publishing House.
- Brown, S.C. (Ed.) (1974). Philosophy of Psychology. Great Britain: Redwood-Burn Ltd.
- Chaplin, James P. and Karawiec, T.S. (1974). Systems and Theories of Psychology (3rd). New York: Holt, Rimehart and Winston, Inc.
- Chaster, Haries W. (Ed.) (1960). Encyclopaedia of Educational Research (3rd). New York: The Macmillan Co.