Mrs. R. Amutha
M. Ed Scholar, S. Veerasamy Chettiar College of Education, Puliangudi, Tiruvelneli District, Tamil Nadu, India
Dr. V. Kasirajan
Assistant Professor, S. Veerasamy Chettiar College of Education, Puliangudi District, Tamil Nadu, India
The paper reports about the construction and standardization of interpersonal intelligence scale. Interpersonal intelligence is the ability to understand and interact effectively with others. It involves effective verbal and nonverbal communication, the ability to note distinctions among others, sensitivity to the moods and temperaments of others, and the ability to entertain multiple perspectives. The steps followed for its construction and standardization are (i) Planning, (ii) Item Writing, (iii) Pilot study, (iv) Validity, (v) Reliability, (vi)Framing of Final Draft. The researcher developed the preliminary version of Interpersonal intelligence Scale (50 statements) with simple, clear and concise statements for better understanding both in Tamil version. The validity for each item was tested. The item validity was calculated by finding the correlation between the total score and item score. Thus the final Interpersonal intelligence scale consists of 32 items. This questionnaire was aimed at uncovering the knowledge and conceptions of high school students about the Interpersonal intelligence. This tool will help to the Interpersonal intelligence of high school students.
Education, Interpersonal intelligence
- Meenakshishundaram, A. (2014). Foundations of Educational Psychology. Dindugal District: Kavyamala Publishers.
- Meenakshisundaram, A. (2012). Education in the Emerging Indian Society. Dindugal District: Kavyamala Publishers.
- Aggarwal, J.C. (2007). Advanced Educational Psychology. New Delhi: Vikas Publishing House PVT Ltd.
- Beena, C. et.al, (2006). An Introduction to Psychology. Hyderabad: Neelkamal Publications Pvt. Ltd., 206:525.
- Kasirajan, V and Kanakaraj, T. (2013) Influence of Gender on Interpersonal Intelligence of Higher Secondary +1 Biology Students in Tirunelveli District” Vol. 3, Issue : 12, pp. 166-168
- Kasirajan, V and Kanakaraj, T.(2016) “Influence of Gender on Emotional Maturity of Higher Secondary +1 Biology Students in Tirunelveli District” Paripex-Indian Journal of Research, Vol.5, Issue : 6, pp 247-248
- Mangal, S.K. (2007). Advanced Educational Psychology. New Delhi: Prentic-half of India Pvt Ltd.